Sunday services are conducted by a First and Second Reader and include music, hymns, prayer, and the Weekly Christian Science Bible Lesson. This lesson is comprised of readings from our Pastor — the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. Christian Scientists around the world study the Bible Lesson throughout the week.
2. Reading a Scriptural Selection.
3. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord’s Prayer with its spiritual interpretation.
5. Announcing necessary notices.
7. Reading the Explanatory Note on first leaf of Quarterly.
8. Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.
9. Reading the Scriptural Selection, entitled “Responsive Reading,” alternately by the First Reader and the congregation.
10. Reading the Lesson-Sermon.
11. Voluntary collection.
13. Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, and the correlative SCRIPTURE according to I John 3:1–3.
14. Pronouncing Benediction.
*On the last Sunday of each month we have an informal gathering after the church service with tea and cake. This is a time to share ideas, experiences and just enjoy each others company. At the moment, these socials are held via Zoom.
At Wednesday testimony meetings, you’ll hear hymns and readings specially selected for the day from the Christian Science Pastor—the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. There is also an opportunity for attendees to share healings and gratitude based on their study of Christian Science.
2. Reading from the Bible and correlative passages from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
3. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord’s Prayer, its spiritual interpretation being omitted.
5. You are now invited to join us on a Zoom call. There is no pressure to speak and you may keep your camera off if you wish. Please click the link below the player to join the interactive part of the meeting.
7. Closing Hymn.
*NB: Testimonies given at church are extemporary accounts of testifiers’ personal experiences. Verified testimonies of healing can be found in the Christian Science periodicals published by The Christian Science Publishing Society. Please note that the views expressed are those of the testifier and not necessarily the view of the church.